Thursday, January 7, 2016

Happy New Year! Hitting the Reset Button and Goal Recap

Happy New Year Everyone! 2015 was a great year! Its time to hit the reset button and get back on track for 2016!

The holidays were great, but it was a time of resting and indulging. The holidays are over now, its time to get back to serious running and healthy eating.

I have kept this little blog up for a whole year! I'm pretty excited! Last year at this time I set a few goals for myself! I am proud that I have crushed my goals! I didn't meet all of them but i'm very pleased with my progress. Here were my goals from last year and how I did:


1)  Reach my Goal Weight --> The recommended weight for my height (5'5) is 114-144 I would like to be about 140.  I have around 50 more pounds to go, give or take a few. --> I haven't reached my goal weight yet but I am still working and am getting closer. I am probably close to 20 lbs away from my goal weight! I am pleased!

2) I want to RUN!! (not walk) the Country Music 1/2 Marathon at the end of April! Running 13.1 miles ahhhh!!!!!!!!!!!  --> I RAN!!! 3 half marathons!! No 1, not 2, but 3!! I conquered Country Music 1/2 Marathon, Savannah 1/2 Marathon, and Vegas 1/2 Marathon! Each one of these races had their own challenges but overall i'm pleased with my time for them and the memories made in the cities those races were held in!

Last year at this time I was worried about being able to run 5 miles at the beginning of half marathon training! the farthest I had ever ran was 3.5 miles! 1 year later, I have completed 2 half marathon trainings and 3 half marathons!

I am walking talking proof that you really can do ANYTHING you put your mind too! I had it in my head that I wanted to run a half marathon. I put the time, work, and effort into conquering that goal and I did it! So that's my advice to you! If you want something work for it! 

Its a new year! Happy 2016! I HATE! new years resolutions...no one ever keeps New years resolutions, its entirely too much pressure. So instead I set small achievable goals for myself. These goals are simple and achievable ones that if I don't meet them I don't beat myself up about it, but they give me something to work towards. Here are my goals for 2016:

1) Meet my goal weight sometime in 2016!
2) Run 3 half marathons and improve my time! I would like to finish at least one 1/2 marathon in 2 hours, but would be perfectly ok with a 2:30 finish. Here are the 3 half marathons I want to run this year:
                                                                          1) Nashville Country Music Half marathon 
                                                                          2) Chicago Half marathon
                                                                          3) Destination to be determined!

All 3 of my half marathons will be rock n roll series, b/c i'm a nerd...I really want the big medal they send out to participants who have completed 3 of their half marathons! Its super giant and would look really nicely hanging on my wall!
         
Here are pictures from my running adventures:


I have really awesome co-workers who encourage my running habit. My boss created this meme of me after I ran the Komen 5k in October here in Nashville!

Finished Savannah!

Ran past this sign in Vegas!!

This is my friend Mal...her face says it all...how we all feel after running a 1/2 marathon..."I hate running..I love running..I hate running...I Love running"
 
The Vegas Medal was a slot machine! How cool is that!


Too tired to smile after finishing Vegas


Shout out to my running group Happy Running People! There is no way I could've achieved my goal of running a half marathon, and then adding 2 more, without their constant support & encouragement. When you spend countless hours running with people you get to know them and they truly become family! (and the handsome guy on the right is my favorite running buddy (aka thats my boyfriend) )




This is my most recent before and after. The picture on the left is from December of 2013. The picture on the left is December 2015.




Thanks for reading! Ill post again soon to update on this years half marathon training!





No comments:

Post a Comment