Thursday, April 16, 2015

Strong 10 miles - 1 week til 1/2! - High School Prom Dress

Nothing really new going on here. I made a great quiche this week to reheat for breakfast this everyday...so there's that... Here are my most recent non-scale victories:

1) I ran 10 miles this past Saturday. While its not the full 13.1 that I will run a week from this Saturday, this was the first run all season where I thought to myself, I might actually be able to run this half marathon! I had never previously had the feeling of a good strong run until Saturday. I felt accomplished and ready to take on the world! (Or 3 more miles on race day)

2) I was in Atlanta this week. (thats where I grew up). While I was home for a few hours this week I stopped by my moms house. Just for fun I tried on all my old sorority and prom dresses. From the time I was 18 til about my Junior year of college, I bought a new evening gown once a year, either for prom or for sorority functions.  While home I tried on all of my old gowns that were in my closet just for fun. All of them were too big! While this shouldnt be a surprise, it was shocking to try on these dresses and them literally fall off of me! These gowns were always a struggle to put on! It used to take spanx, and body shapers underneath my dresses to get them to fit & that was even after I had them altered/taken out to make them bigger. My favorite dress was my pink senior year prom dress. I put it on this weekend and IT WAS TOO BIG!!!!!! This dress was the tightest of them all, and the seamstress worked magic to get me in it.! here's a picture my mom took of me in it. You can't see it, but  the back is super big! I will have to find my actual high school prom picture.




Today is Thursday i'm headed to Gatlinburg for the weekend with the church. Country Music / marathon is one week from Saturday! For the 1st time i actually feel like I can do this!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment