Thursday, April 2, 2015

NSV'S and 1/2 Training

So...my brand new super duper wonderful computer is still dead :( ...but on the bright side my old laptop has mysteriously started to work so I am back in business.

I am EXTREMELY proud of my best friend (heyheythirdgrade.blogspot.com), she started a program called whole 30 & has stuck to it and took to it like a duck to water & I could not be more proud of her. The Whole30 diet is super hard because of everything that you cut out for 30 days straight! Super proud of her because there are no cheat days on whole 30! If you cheat you start over! AHH !! So Way to go Theresa!!

While Theresa is killing whole 30, I am working on getting back on track after two weekends of what feels like nothing but eating! My mom and I went to Savannah GA for their annual St. Patt's day parade. There are so many good places to eat in Savannah! For the most part I stayed away from fried food, but did allow myself to have fried shrimp & hushpuppies one evening for dinner. My mom & I also ate at Paula Deen's restaurant which was AH-MAY-ZING, but im sure everything was cooked in straight butter! I refused to miss out on my favorite Savannah foods (& coffee). I didnt really get any workouts in while in Savannah, but I did not a lot of walking! so hopefully that counts for something & the number on the scale wont be to high! I also got the chance to go visit some friends in NJ last weekend. They live about an hour from Philly, so after a concert we went and ate a real Philly Cheeseteak! It was awesome!! You cant go to Philly & not get a Philly!

Update: I officially dropped out of Weight Watchers at work, this was more due to my work has picked up so much and I am working so many hours I simply do not have time to stop my work and go attend a meeting, so I dropped it. I will miss the group, but I haven't tracked points in a long while and I was pretty much over it! This also goes back to the same thing of I am doing well enough on my own just trying to avoid eating junk food that I don't really need weight watchers.

Non Scale Victories:
1) 14 Miles!!!! You read that right 14! So this was pretty much an awful run! I should be proud that I ran 14 miles but this run was tough! I took a nasty fall at mile 6! Im ok and I got back up and kept running, but I was so tired and sore by the end of the route that I ended up walking the last 5k portion of the 14 miles...I was disappointed that I walked so much. I am hoping that on race day the excitement of the race will keep me going. There is officially less than a month until the 1/2 marathon! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

2) I avoided cake at the office twice this week! Good grief! what is it about spring! There is food everywhere! Junk food everywhere! Not only was there a retirement with cake this week, someone else just randomly brought in cake and sent an email to everyone telling them to come get cake! I am proud I didn't eat the cake! Not even one piece! I went to the party, said my best wishes, but didn't eat a piece of the gorgeous carrot cake that was calling my name!

3) Being healthy is contagious! My co-workers are starting to catch on! One co-worker is drastically cutting back on the amount Coke she drinks & another is simply trying to eat healthier! Its not really my goal to inspire people, (That sounds bad), but everything i'm doing, im doing it for me and no one else but it is exciting to see it rubbing off on others!

4) In a previous post I told you about the biggest loser game at Fleet Feet and their group workouts at this gym called Quest. Quest is kind of far away from me, its a good 45 min drive with traffic. For the first time since the biggest loser game started ive finally had time to go all the way out to brentwood to quest. Im glad i did! The class I took was an hour long and was super HARD! Crazy thing was...apparently this was the easy class..........Holy Crap! I survived!

On deck for this weekend: 15K, 9 miles and some change. Here's hoping that 9 miles goes better than the 14 from last weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment